Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ahhh Leloo Leloo

I come home from work today and Leloo is waiting for me at the door with a bone in her mouth.  Now this isn't strange except when I left this morning for work the bone was wrapped in plastic and still in the pet store bag on the table since the night before.  So naturally I think, oh my husband must have given it to her before he left.  WRONG...due to my incredible detective skills I deducted that she had in fact jumped up and grabbed the bag, pulled it to the floor and unwrapped the bone herself (yeah ok, I saw the bag on the floor and the plastic wrap about 10 feet away.) I'm not surprised she did this.  I was just glad she didn't eat the plastic.  What is it, by the way, with dogs that everything must go in the mouth?  I mean how tasty can a used tissue be?  Or is it just my puppy?

I've been home for about 30 minutes and in those 30 minutes she has come in and out from outside at least 4 times.  Which means I have to go to the door and put her on and off her chain each time.  I know she needs a friend, but it's just not in the cards just yet.

Last night she was angry that I didn't take her to the pet store with me that she took it out on a box of tissues.

Now obviously I love Leloo (I mean look at this blog's title.)  There are just some days where I miss her being a "smallish" puppy that would lie on my feet while she napped 10 times a day.  I feel awful, because she deserves and needs all my attention.  I feel whiny, because she's the one that's been home most of the day alone.  I just can't wait for warmer weather and longer days.  She'll be at the park everyday if I can help it.

**I am excited though, because today I found out that we go into a dog training course starting next month.  We've done one class before, but there are still things I'd like to work on.  ie. jumping up and getting her to calm down when new people are around.  I will keep everyone updated on what we learn.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the first of MANY destructions to come!

    Have you checked out Wild Dingo's blog? Juno is the queen of destruction! There is a link on my blog if you would like to check them out.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following wild dingos. There are some hilarious photos on there!

    ReplyDelete